Each month our Kids Book Club (roughly ages 7-11) reads a book and meets in store over juice boxes and cheddar bunnies for discussion and activites. While we're all safely at home, doing our part to flatten the curve, our book club is going to dive into an epistolary novel and write each other good old fashioned snail mail. There are so many great resources online for learning at home and so we wanted to make space for some off-screen time. We are opening this up to all kids everywhere!
To join the club:
1) Purchase a copy of July's book, The Last Last-Day-of-Summer here on our website. here on our website. This signs you up for the club. (The April book was Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer, and the May book was Ghost Squad by Claribel Ortega and the June book is When the Stars are Scattered if you want catch up. We are doing the club on a rolling basis, so it's never too late to read any of the books!)
2) Read the book!
3) Write a letter! Supplies for Creative Living has special stationery sets to get your creativity flowing.
4) Please address your letter "Dear Fellow Book Lover," or come up with your own creative way to address a book club member.
5) Have fun with your letter! Feel free to include drawings, stickers, anything you like! Please make sure to sign it with your name and age.
6) Mail your letter to: Split Rock Books, 97 Main Street, Cold Spring, NY 10516
7) We will send your letter to another book club member, and you'll get one in return!
This project will go for the entire month of July, so read it anytime.
Also email us if you have any questions!