Each month our Kids Book Club (roughly ages 7-11) reads a book and meets in store over juice boxes and cheddar bunnies for discussion and activites. While we're all safely at home, doing our part to flatten the curve, our book club is going to dive into an epistolary novel and write each other good old fashioned snail mail. There are so many great resources online for learning at home and so we wanted to make space for some off-screen time. We are opening this up to all kids everywhere!
To join the club:
1) Purchase a copy of May's book Ghost Squad by Claribel Ortega here on our website. This signs you up for the club. (The April book was Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer, and the June book will be When the Stars are Scattered if you want catch up or read ahead. We are doing the club on a rolling basis, so it's never too late to read any of the books!)
2) Read the book!
3) Write a letter! Supplies for Creative Living has special stationery sets and will have prompts and activities up soon. (For now, check out the "files" section below)
4) Please address your letter "Dear Fellow Book Lover," or come up with your own creative way to address a book club member.
5) Have fun with your letter! Feel free to include drawings, stickers, anything you like! Please make sure to sign it with your name and age.
6) Mail your letter to: Split Rock Books, 97 Main Street, Cold Spring, NY 10516
7) We will send your letter to another book club member, and you'll get one in return! **The author will be writing a special letter to send to our book club participants**
This project will go for the entire month of April and longer if we're having too much fun to stop.
If you know someone who would like to participate but cannot afford the book, please email us at email@example.com and we will send them one, for as many kids as possible.
Also email us if you have any questions!
We will continue our letter writing in May, when we read Claribel Ortega's book GHOST SQUAD! All book club participants will recieve a signed copy and a letter from the author written just for our book club.