Vegetables: The Ultimate Cookbook (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
Explore the wonderful world of vegetables with Vegetables: The Ultimate Cookbook.
A celebration of vegetables by chef and farmer Laura Sorkin. Learn about where specific vegetables originated, which countries produce the largest amount of radishes, how to select the best avocado, ways to use jicama, and more. With this book on hand, it’s easy to delight all tastes by making vegetables the star of any dish. Inside you’ll find:
- 300+ easy-to-follow recipes, including options for snacks, salads, soups, stews, side dishes, and entrees
- 100+ vegetarian recipes
- A heavily illustrated A-Z of over 50 vegetables comprised of the author’s expertise as both a chef and farmer
- Mouthwatering photography, archival imagery, and colorful original illustrations
- Vegetable-based desserts
- Recipes for essential ingredients, including stocks, pastas and noodles, dumpling wrappers, and condiments
- Thoughtful analysis of various farming methods
From decadent soups to hearty internationally inspired entrées, Vegetables will satisfy all cravings.
About the Author
Laura Sorkin was born in New York City and grew up in Connecticut. She has a BA from McGill University, a Culinary degree from the French Culinary Institute, and a Masters of Environmental Management from Duke University. She ran an organic vegetable farm for over 15 years and has been co-owner of Runamok Maple since 2009. Laura has written for Edible Green Mountains, Kids VT, Seven Days, Modern Farmer, Local Banquet, Northern Woodlands, and Better Homes and Gardens. She lives in northwestern Vermont with her husband and two children.