Hamster Princess: Ratpunzel (Hardcover)
Available to Order - shipping times vary
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Hamster Princess series.
- #1: Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible (Hardcover): $12.99
- #2: Hamster Princess: Of Mice and Magic (Hardcover): $13.99
- #4: Hamster Princess: Giant Trouble (Hardcover): $13.99
- #5: Hamster Princess: Whiskerella (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Hamster Princess: Little Red Rodent Hood (Hardcover): $13.99
Rapunzel gets a rodent twist in book three of the critically acclaimed and uproariously funny series that’s perfect for fans of Princess in Black and Babymouse
Princess Harriet Hamsterbone does not like sitting around at home. How’s a princess supposed to have any fun when her parents are constantly reminding her to be careful and act princessly? So when her pal Prince Wilbur needs help finding a stolen hydra egg, Harriet happily takes up the quest. The thief’s trail leads them to a wicked witch and a tall tower, occupied by a rat whose tail has more to it than meets the eye!
The third book in the award-winning comic hybrid Hamster Princess series will make you look at rodents, royalty, and fairy tales in a whole new light.
About the Author
Ursula Vernon is a full-time author and illustrator and creator of the Dragonbreath series. Her work has won a Hugo Award and been nominated for an Eisner. She loves birding, gardening, and spunky heroines. She dislikes anything sparkly and thinks she would make a terrible princess.
Praise for Hamster Princess: Ratpunzel:
"Packed with wit that’s broad enough to appeal to children yet clever enough to win over adults...Hand this can’t-miss installment to followers of the series, fans of comedy mixed with adventure, and those seeking an alternative to traditional princess stories." —School Library Journal
"Harriet is as delightful as ever.... As long as Vernon keeps Harriet’s adventures coming, fans new and old are boundto keep reading them." — Booklist
"Vernon pokes gentle fun at all of her characters—especially lovable Harriet—and offers a humorous feminist critique of the princess genre." —Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible:
A Publishers Weekly Best of 2015 Book
A 2015 Texas Bluebonnet nominee
* "A joy to read, and we can only hope that Harriet – long may she reign – will return in later installments.” —Booklist, starred review
* "Move over, Babymouse, there’s a new rodent in town!...Vernon has created a spunky heroine readers will cheer for and who will leave them eagerly searching for the happily ever after in the next installment." —School Library Journal, starred review
* "Harriet is her own hamster, but she takes her place proudly alongside both Danny Dragonbreath and Babymouse. Creatively fresh and feminist, with laughs on every single page." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A book with all the makings of a hit. Readers will be laughing themselves silly." —Publishers Weekly, starred review