Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Hamster Princess series.
- #2: Hamster Princess: Of Mice and Magic (Hardcover): $13.99
- #3: Hamster Princess: Ratpunzel (Hardcover): $13.99
- #4: Hamster Princess: Giant Trouble (Hardcover): $13.99
- #5: Hamster Princess: Whiskerella (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Hamster Princess: Little Red Rodent Hood (Hardcover): $13.99
Sleeping Beauty gets a feisty, furry twist in this hilarious new comic series from the creator of Dragonbreath
Harriet Hamsterbone is not your typical princess. She may be quite stunning in the rodent realm (you'll have to trust her on this one), but she is not so great at trailing around the palace looking ethereal or sighing a lot. She finds the royal life rather . . . dull. One day, though, Harriet's parents tell her of the curse that a rat placed on her at birth, dooming her to prick her finger on a hamster wheel when she's twelve and fall into a deep sleep. For Harriet, this is most wonderful news: It means she's invincible until she's twelve! After all, no good curse goes to waste. And so begins a grand life of adventure with her trusty riding quail, Mumfrey...until her twelfth birthday arrives and the curse manifests in a most unexpected way.
Perfect for fans of Babymouse and Chris Colfer's Land of Stories, this laugh-out-loud new comic hybrid series will turn everything you thought you knew about princesses on its head.
About the Author
Ursula Vernon is a full-time author and illustrator whose work has won a Hugo award and been nominated for an Eisner. She loves birding, gardening, and spunky heroines, and thinks she would make a terrible princess. Ursula lives with her husband in Pittsboro, North Carolina.
A 2015 Texas Bluebonnet nominee
A Publishers Weekly Best Book of 2015
A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2015
A New York Public Library Best Book for Reading and Sharing of 2015
A Chicago Public Library Best Book of 2015
An ALA Notable Children's Book of 2016
"[A] charming, funny, subversive middle-grade illustrated fantasy." — Cory Doctorow, New York Times bestselling author, activist, and co-editor of Boing Boing
* "A joy to read, and we can only hope that Harriet – long may she reign – will return in later installments.” —Booklist, starred review
* "Move over, Babymouse, there’s a new rodent in town!...Vernon has created a spunky heroine readers will cheer for and who will leave them eagerly searching for the happily ever after in the next installment." —School Library Journal, starred review
* "Harriet is her own hamster, but she takes her place proudly alongside both Danny Dragonbreath and Babymouse. Creatively fresh and feminist, with laughs on every single page." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "A book with all the makings of a hit. Readers will be laughing themselves silly." —Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Middle-graders with a taste for absurdity and snark will find plenty of both here...Fans of Holm’s Babymouse (Babymouse: Queen of the World, BCCB 12/05) series or Vernon’s Dragonbreath (BCCB 9/09) series will definitely want to tag along on Harriet’s future adventures." —BCCB