Hamster Princess: Whiskerella (Hardcover)
Available to Order - shipping times vary
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Hamster Princess series.
- #1: Hamster Princess: Harriet the Invincible (Hardcover): $12.99
- #2: Hamster Princess: Of Mice and Magic (Hardcover): $13.99
- #3: Hamster Princess: Ratpunzel (Hardcover): $13.99
- #4: Hamster Princess: Giant Trouble (Hardcover): $13.99
- #6: Hamster Princess: Little Red Rodent Hood (Hardcover): $13.99
A funny, feminist twist on the Cinderella fairy tale for fans of fractured fairy tales
Princess Harriet Hamsterbone is not the kind of princess who enjoys fancy dresses or extravagant parties. Cliff-diving, fractions, and whacking people with swords are more her thing. So when she's forced to attend a boring ball in honor of a visiting ambassador, Harriet is less than thrilled--until a bewitchingly beautiful stranger arrives. Who is she? And where did she come from? The mystery leads to a not-so-wicked stepsister, an incontinent lizard, and a fairy's spell that's really more of a curse. Luckily, Harriet knows a thing or two about curses...
Smart, funny, and filled with swashbuckling adventure, book five in the critically acclaimed Hamster Princess series is a hilariously re-told fairy tale for the modern age.
About the Author
Ursula Vernon is a full-time author and illustrator whose work has won a Hugo Award and been nominated for an Eisner. She loves birding, gardening, and spunky heroines, and thinks she would make a terrible princess. Ursula lives with her husband in Pittsboro, North Carolina.
An Indie Next List selection
* "Readers will have a ball with this hilarious, charming story." —Kirkus, starred review
"Harriet, who charges through this adventure with her usual aplomb, shows no sign of slowing down." —Booklist
"VBoth series fans and newcomers with a taste for snark will devour this one. Multiple copies are a must." — School Library Journal